Companion Animal Veterinary Hospital was established by Matt Young. We first opened our doors on the 31st October 2009.
We believe that a house isn't a home without a pet, that owning and caring for a pet is a really important part of life and that pets help to shape our character.
I established Companion Animal Veterinary Hospital because I love animals, I love teaching people how to care for their pets and most importantly I love the opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives.
Companion Animal Veterinary Hospital is a small animal veterinary practice located right in the center of Dapto. Dapto is only a 10 minute drive south on the F6 from Wollongong. We have parking at the rear of the building with easy entrance from the carpark. For more details on our location and how to get here visit the locate us page
When you come and visit us it will feel like coming home. We have a spacious waiting room with comfy lounges which has been described as "not clinical", "like a modern funky cafe" and "Blockesque".
We are not just a shop front or a small clinic, we are a veterinary hospital with full hospital facilities including:
- A fully equipped sterile surgical theater
- on-site radiography and ultrasound
- on-site laboratory facilities
- dental equipment
- separate dog and cat wards
- isolation facilities
- Cat Hotel
- Medical Treatment Facilities
Services provided include investigation and treatment for illness or injury as well as proactive preventative healthcare:
- Preventative healthcare
- Health checks for new puppies or kittens, or older pets
- Heartworm prevention
- Worming and Flea Control Advice
- Dental checks
- Nutritional Advice from qualified veterinary nurses
- Investigation and Treatment
- Sick pets eg. vomiting, diarrhea, coughing, pain, lethargy
- eye problems
- Lameness including cruciate ligament injuries or luxating patella
- Behavioural problems
- Emergencies such as motor vehicle accidents, tick paralysis, snake bite, cuts, bites or stings
- Chronic illness management such as thyroid problems, heart disease, kidney disease, urinary tract disease
- Lumps and Cancer
Understand your cat, know how to look after the health care and emotional needs of your cat. Know how...
Companion Animal Veterinary Hospital was awarded Most Outstanding Business in the Pet Care category...
Socialisation while your pup is young is critical to ensuring they fit into your family environment...
Your Family Vets
We encourage you to always see the same vet where possible. We like to build a relationship with you. By getting to know your family and your pets over time we are able to provide much better advice and care.
We all have families too (so we know how busy and difficult life can be) and sometimes the vet you usually see won't be available but we all talk over cases with each other anyway and will be able to provide you with that same care you've come to know and love.
Matt was born in Wollongong and grew up in Dapto. He went to primary school locally at St...
Melissa (Mel) was born in Fiji and grew up in Sydney, graduating from Sydney University...
Kate grew up in Richmond in NSW surrounded by dogs, cats, chickens, stick insects, snakes,...
Since before she can remember, Kristin always wanted to be a vet. She grew up in Albury...
Samantha grew up on the South Coast and is currently living in Kiama. She lives with her...
- We are open from 8:30 am until 6 pm on weekdays, and 8:30 until 1pm on Saturdays.
- Appointments are preferred and can be made by calling 42 619 838.
- The hospital is closed on Sundays and Public Holidays. Although, your pets will be fully cared for even though we are closed.
- For emergency after hours treatment please call the practice on 42 619 838 and you will be directed to our emergency service.