This food has been proven to reduce plaque and tartar buildup on the teeth.
It is a complete and balanced diet (in other words the only food you would need to feed).
This food has been awarded the VOHC Seal for the control of plaque and tartar. This is a quality assurance which means that it has been proven to actually work at preventing periodontal disease. For more information about the VOHC seal and what this means you can visit their website.
How does it clean the teeth:
- The biscuits are larger than other foods
- The biscuits don’t crumble away
- As the tooth digs into the biscuit, fibres scrape against the tooth cleaning it
- Reduced protein limits plaque formation
- Reduced calcium minimises formation of calculus (tartar)
If your cat already has severe periodontal disease they need to be treated first. Periodontal disease is painful and they won’t actually chew with diseased and painful teeth so the food won’t fix it.
Daily brushing is the best way to prevent periodontal disease, Hills T/D is the next best thing.
- If you are brushing you need to feed you’re cat anyway so if they’re getting plaque accumulation why not feed them this?
- If you can’t brush (e.g.. If it stresses your cat out too much) then this food is for you.
not suitable for:
- Growing kittens
- pregnant cats
- nursing (lactating) cats